Thursday, June 23, 2011

Norrath's Delicacies: Coming to Life Soon...

My MMORPG's have allowed me to express my desire for cooking and food in awesome ways. From Final Fantasy 11 and the spam crafting on my little Taru-Taru, Kurelle, to Lord of the Rings Online and my little Hobbit, Kurelle, running off away from the "fellowship" to harvest a berry bush or pull up some carrots and onions, I always had a soft spot for cooking/provisioning crafters in MMORPG's. However, there is one MMORPG that I have drooled over the names of the dishes I would craft... EverQuest 2.


Kurelle's in-game kitchen
Kurelle, my dark elf alter ego in EverQuest 2, is a Provisioner in the tradeskill department. She handles making food and drinks for characters. The food and drink can be generalized items or class specific edible items, but either way, some of the "dishes" caught my eye (and my taste buds). Think I'm pulling your leg? Try these names on for size: Cabbage Stew, King Prawn Crisps, Caynar Nutbread, Curried Palmfruit Stew, Braised Baby Bamboo Shoot, Lapsang Leaf Wrapped Palmfruit, Hardy Coldain Stew, Crushed Caynar Nut Snap, Kejekan Special Cheesecake, and the list goes on!

Since I started obsessing over The Inn at the Crossroads, and yes, I will admit to "obsessing," as their creations are just undeniably genius and amazing!!! Okay, back to what I was saying! Since I started obsessing over The Inn, I began to pay closer attention to my alter ego's crafting. As I was making Marr Cherry Cobbler, I started drooling and thinking to myself: What if I bring life to EQ2 dishes like the ladies of The Inn are doing with A Song of Ice and Fire dishes? Would I... Could I pull it all off?

So, I have a project idea that may just take a few adventurous cooks to pull off. Yes, I am calling all crazy, adventurous, ballsy cooks to join me on this insane foodie's quest. There are over 1,000 "provisioning" recipes in Kurelle's cookbook and range from appetizers and entrees to desserts and alcoholic beverages! It's insanity! I definitely would love to start with one of the many drinks, however at the same time, the "King Prawn" recipes beckon me with salivating mouths. Needless to say, I have yet to decide which recipe to start with, and I'd love to just have a starting point. Hmm... Maybe I should just start with the recipes Kurelle started with: Level 2 Fried Frog Legs, Jum Jum Cider and Jum Jum Muffins.



This quest is actually going to be an interesting way to combine my virtual world of Norrath and my real world of California, and I'd hate to do it alone! Come join me on this epic signature quest of food glory!



Time to cook!


Until next game (or recipe!) --

No comments:

Post a Comment